Pharm.D. students have the opportunity to do research electives for credit with faculty in the College of Pharmacy. Students should refer to the Research Elective syllabus.
- 2PD and 3PD students may take up to 2 credits of Research electives with approval of the Office of Student Affairs
- Students may also register for up to 3 credits of Research electives during Summer A or B. In order to do so, students must request IPPE/APPEs so that their schedule will allow the requisite number of hours in the research setting.
- For one credit hour there is a minimum of 48 contact hours (not including preparation time).
Research Approval Form
All research electives must be approved by the Office of Research and by the Office of Student Affairs. Approval requires completion of a Research Approval Form. In order to complete this form, you will need to have contacted and met with your Research Elective Instructor (research mentor) and established the following:
- Number of credit hours and timing of your research
- An overview of the project
- Whether the project involves any animal contact or tissues , or any human subject contact, data, tissues or cell lines
- If there was IACUC (for animals) or IRB (for humans) approval related to the project
Students should also discuss the faculty expectations for the elective. Students and faculty should refer to the syllabus for guidance on expectations, including rubrics for grading, that are within the syllabus.